Military Filing

Military Records Problems

If you are being separated or eliminated from the military, one of the most important things to remember is to get a copy of all your documents and keep them somewhere safe. This especially applies to any and all of your separation paperwork. This paperwork will only be kept on the unit’s local share drive for a limited amount of time and sometimes will never become a part of the service member’s official file. If you have ever had awards or other items seemingly “vanish” from your official personnel file while on active duty, then you understand the urgency for good record keeping. When service members are separated from the military with a negative characterization of service, such as an OTH or a General, they may then want to request a discharge upgrade from the service branch discharge review board because the negative characterization is holding them back from opportunities related to employment, education, and disability payments.  However, the lack of documentation can be an issue. Discharge upgrades are made for equitable reasons, but also for legal errors that were made. Without being able to review the separation paperwork, your discharge upgrade attorney will have difficulty arguing to the board that legal errors were made and the discharge upgrade board may simply assume the separation was conducted properly. If you are having issues tracking down military records or other documents, you may need an experience discharge upgrade lawyer to help. Contact our discharge upgrade attorney at Law Office of Natanyah Ganz for a free confidential case evaluation, using the form below or by calling us at (808)358-7318

Selected Value: 0